Our Rabbits Section is for players with a handicap index of 16 or higher. It costs £1 to join, for that you get some fantastic benefits:
- Weekly Stableford competition all day on a Tuesday, good prizes and an opportunity to qualify for the season ending BUCK RABBIT Trophy.
- Represent the Club in the Rabbits friendly matches, playing some excellent courses for FREE – This is a great way to meet new people and forge new friendships.
- Play in our away day Major, the HARRY HARRISON Trophy @ Wetherby in 2023
- FREE entry into the TED WATSON Eclectic Trophy (your best scores at each hole throughout the season (Tuesday Competitions) to give your ‘lowest’ round).
- Click Here to book into our Rabbits/Tigers Open Day in September.
- Annual end of season dinner and prize presentation.
Rabbits Secretary – STUART CHARLESWORTH
Competition Secretary – JIM ROBERTS
The Tigers Section is a large competitive section of male full & 5 day Members who possess a handicap index of 15 & below. The section’s aim is to encourage new Members who fit the handicap criteria to take part in as many of the Tigers activities & competitions as possible.
LUDWELL TROPHY – Individual Knockout – GODSON TROPHY – Away Day Competition (TBC)
Click Here to book into our Rabbits/Tigers Open Day in September.
Joining the Tigers section at PDGC opens up the chance to play in the weekly Stableford competition held every Tuesday throughout the year. It also gives you the chance to represent your Club at various inter-club league matches throughout the season with players of equivalent standards in home & away fixtures. The section has, like other sections of the Club, a Captain who is on hand to help and organise teams etc. Getting involved gives you the chance to meet and play with fellow Members of an equivalent standard on a regular basis.
Tigers Captain 2023 – TOM STANLEY
A Seniors Section has operated here at PDGC for at least 20 years, initially it was run on an unofficial basis. This changed in 2002 when it was agreed to formally recognise the Section and it was then incorporated into the overall structure of the Club. It was also agreed to hold an annual Open Day and to extend the range of home and away fixtures which had existed up to that point. Further more the Section Captain each year would be formally introduced at the Captain’s Inauguration evening in December.
Since that time the Section has gone from strength to strength. It now plays 7 local teams on a home and away basis, holds a successful Open Day in July (click here to book) each year and an away day at the end of each competitive season.
Our Open Day has been an extremely successful venture and each year it provides a significant cash surplus which has been applied to fund such items as the shoe cleaner and other course equipment valued by the membership.
In accordance with the general situation applying at local clubs, eligibility for membership is now 55 years of age and the annual subscription fee is £1.
The Club has always resisted suggestions put forward from time to time by the Leeds and District Union to participate in a competitive Seniors League. The view here is that Senior matches whilst competitive to a degree should be regarded as friendly and convivial events. To change into a LD Seniors League scenario would inevitably result in teams being selected on ability, with the result that some Members would not get the opportunity to participate in them.
Seniors Captain 2023 – PETER HALE
Vice-Captain 2023 – TERRY GRINSTEAD
Seniors Secretary – JON FRAISE
Seniors Team Organiser – DAVID FIELD
The Ladies Section is a small but friendly group of golfing and non golfing ladies including all ages and abilities. We would welcome new members whether they are experienced golfers or absolute beginners ensuring they have an enjoyable time.
- The Ladies competitions are held on a Wednesday and Sunday; these include individual stroke and stableford competitions as well as pairs and team events. Mixed competitions on a Thursday and regular 9- hole competitions throughout summer.
- The Section actively participates in the YLCGA Inter Club Team competitions as well as the Winter Alliance competition which also is an Inter Club Team competition.
- The Club has one Ladies AM/AM in May and our Mixed Open Day in August, Click Here to book online.
- One Invitation Day a year which the Ladies Section organises.
- The Ladies have an Exchange Day as well as a Captain’s Day, held in July and August.
- The season begins and ends with a Ladies pre-season and end of season dinner and there are also fun days such as the Easter Chicks & Bunnies competition and the Solheim Cup which are team events followed by food afterwards.
- For the Ladies Captain, her term of office begins in December with an afternoon of Christmas festivities and ends in November with a coffee morning held on Remembrance Sunday.
LADIES SECTION CAPTAIN 2023 – June Highley
COMPETITIONS SECRETARY – Chantelle Shaw
HANDICAP SECRETARY – Julie Ludwell
Secretary (Malcolm Huddlestone)
01977 792241 Option 1
01977 792241 Option 3
Clubhouse (Anna Barnes)
01977 792241 Option 4
Professional (Ian Marshall)
Course Information Line
The Place to Play Golf
VAT Number - 181704959
Company Number - 10409124